B737 / E-JET IglooMX® Engine Change Shelter
AOG incidents can lead to costly delays and scheduling difficulties for operators. The patent protected IglooMX® Inflatable Engine Change Shelter system provides the ideal solution for such events.
This “hangar-in-a-bag” system reduces downtime to a minimum and enables the AOG team to get the aircraft back in the air in the least possible time, thereby saving on costly hangar rentals and lost man hours.
The IglooMX® Shelter system is small enough to ship as part of the fly-away kit. It may be set up on either engine to encapsulate both engine and pylon. By following the simple installation instructions provided, this kit can be installed in a matter of minutes by a crew of 3-4 people.
Once in place, the shelter system will boost your maintenance team’s productivity by providing a warm and safe environment in which to work.
These shelters feature specially designed fabrics that are both lightweight and tough, providing excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The unique materials are also fire retardant and resistant to hydraulic fluid and fuels, ensuring that they remain functional for many years.
The IglooMX® is supplied in a storage bag on wheels, making it easy to move around on the apron. In the unlikely event that the shelter becomes damaged while in use, an on-site repair kit is supplied as part of the package.
The IglooMX® kit can be deflated and stored away in around 15 minutes.
|Dimensions inflated (maximal)||9.60 m x 6.80 m x 4.00 m|
|Dimensions stored||140 cm x 100 cm x 100 cm|
|Packaged Weight||170 kg|
Can be used from -30° to +70°C (-22°F to +158°F)
|Inflation Device||2 H.P. Electric Blower|
|Power Supply||110 V 60 Hz or 220 V 50 Hz models available|
|Boeing B737-300/ 400/ 500|
|Boeing B737-600/ 700/ 800/ 900/ 900ER|
|Embraer E170/ E175/ E190/ E195|
|Embraer 175-E2/ 190-E2/ 195-E2|
- Ramp Heater
- Lighting Set on tripods
- Reusable Shipping Crate
- Water filled Ballast Bag Kit
- Installation Crew: 3-4 Persons
- Inflation Time: 5 Minutes
- Folding and re-packing time: 15 Minutes
- Strong but lightweight for easy handling
- Fire Retardant and resistant to Fuels, Oils and Hydraulic Fluids
- Unique patented design
- Can withstand windspeeds of up to 25 Knots
- 20 year proven track record with leading airlines, airframers and MRO’s
- Can be branded with airline logo
- No previous training required
- Models available for use with HYDRO Cobra Engine Change System
- Provides privacy from passengers during engine maintenance
- Can be powered using a 5kVA Generator