WB IglooMX® Nose Shelter
When your aircraft has been damaged by a bird-strike, lightning-strike or a collision on the apron, it can take a considerable amount of time to source an available hangar to undertake the necessary repairs. The patent protected IglooMX® Inflatable Nose Shelter system provides the ideal solution for such events.
This “hangar-in-a-bag” system reduces downtime to a minimum and saves time and money on hangar space rental and towing charges. The Nose Shelter may be used for multiple purposes including windshield replacement, radome composite repairs and nose landing gear maintenance or replacement.
The IglooMX® is small enough to ship as part of the fly-away kit. It is inflated and “docked” around the front of the aircraft by following the simple installation instructions provided. Inflation takes less than 5 minutes with a crew of 3-4 people.
The Nose Shelter has plenty of space internally for scaffolding, scissors-lift or boom-lift and is supplied complete with heating and filtration ducts.
Once in place, the shelter system will boost your maintenance team’s productivity by providing a warm and safe environment in which to work.
These shelters feature specially designed fabrics that are both lightweight and tough, providing excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The unique materials are also fire retardant and resistant to hydraulic fluid and fuels, ensuring that they remain functional for many years.
The IglooMX® is supplied in a storage bag on wheels, making it easy to move around on the apron. In the unlikely event that the shelter becomes damaged while in use, an on-site repair kit is supplied as part of the package.
The IglooMX® kit can be deflated and stored away in approximately 20 minutes.
|Dimensions inflated (maximal)||6,50m x 11,40m x 8,40m|
|Dimensions stored||180cm x 130cm x 120cm|
Can be used from -30° to +70°C (-22°F to +158°F)
|Inflation Device||2 H.P. Electric Blower|
|Power Supply||110V 60Hz or 220V 50Hz Models available|
|Airbus A330/A340 (all models)|
|Airbus A350 (all models)|
|Boeing B787 (all models)|
- Ramp Heater
- Lighting Set on tripods
- Reusable Shipping Crate
- Water filled Ballast Bag Kit
- Camcleaner Air-Filtration package
- Dehumidifier package
- Installation Crew: 4-6 Persons
- Inflation Time: 10 Minutes
- Folding and re-packing time: 20 Minutes
- Strong but lightweight for easy handling
- Fire Retardant and resistant to Fuels, Oils and Hydraulic Fluids
- Unique patented design
- Can withstand windspeeds of up to 25 Knots
- 20 year proven track record with leading airlines, airframers and MRO’s
- Suitable for use on wide range of widebody aircraft
- Can be branded with airline logo
- No previous training required
- Provides privacy from passengers during maintenance
- Can be powered using a 5kVA Generator