When your aircraft has been damaged by a bird-strike, lightning-strike or a collision on the apron, it can take a considerable amount of time to source an available hangar to undertake the necessary repairs. The inflatable Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) Shelter system provides the ideal solution for such events.
This universal shelter system reduces downtime to a minimum and saves time and money on hangar space rental and towing charges. The MEWP Shelter will be tailormade to the availeble Elevated Work Platforms.
|Dimensions inflated (example only)||3.30 m x 2.00 m x 2.50 m|
|Dimensions stored||120 cm x 80 cm x 100 cm|
|Packaged weight||100 kg|
Can be used from -30° to +70°C (-22°F to +158°F)
|Inflation device||Electric blower|
|Power supply||110 V 60 Hz or 220 V 50 Hz models available|
Possible to be tailormade for existing and available elevated work platforms for use on all aircraft types
- 1 x Plastic box
- Detachable side sections
- On-site repair kit
- Installation instructions
- Electrical blower (110 V or 220 V)
The MEWP Shelter is small enough to ship as part of the fly-away kit. Inflation takes only 2 minutes with a crew of 2 People and stays inflated even without further energy supply.
The shelter can be used to get protected access to many different aircraft areas to access the appropiate area from above, below or the side. Once in place, the shelter system will boost your maintenance team’s productivity by providing a safe environment in which to work.
These shelters feature specially designed fabrics that are both lightweight and tough, providing excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The unique materials are also fire retardant and resistant to hydraulic fluid and fuels, ensuring that they remain functional for many years.
The MEWP Shelter is supplied in a storage box, making it easy to move around on the apron. In the unlikely event that the shelter becomes damaged while in use, an on-site repair kit is supplied as part of the package.
- Installation crew: 2 persons
- Inflation time: 2 minutes
- Folding and re-packing time: 5 minutes
- Strong but lightweight for easy handling
- Extremely high strength-to-weight ratio
- Fire Retardant and resistant to fuels, oils and hydraulic fluids
- Unique patented design
- Can withstand windspeeds of up to 20 knots
- Air Filtration
- Temparature control and positive pressure
- Replacement blower
- Tailormade for use on existing and availeble elevated work platforms
- Can be branded with airline logo
- No previous training required
- Provides privacy from passengers during maintenance