Iris Door Infill
Maintenance hangar space is a rare resource. In many cases the available hangar resources are too tight for the number of aircraft to be maintained or even too small for the appropriate aircraft type. In these cases it would be beneficial to put only parts of the aircraft into the hangar.
Hangars with Iris Doors are an adequate solution to win additional capacity – but Iris Doors are designed for specific aircraft types or at least fuselage diameters and need adequate protection bumpers to avoid damages on the fuselage. The inflatable Iris Door Infill solves these problems. During inflation it closes the gap between the fuselage and the hangar iris with fabrics and air only. The fuselage is protected while the hangar is fully sealed.
Every Iris Door Infill will be tailored to the appropriate hangar environment and is available at very short lead-time. It is small enough to ship as part of the fly-away kit. Inflation takes only 2 minutes with a crew of 2-3 people. Once in place, the system will boost your maintenance team’s productivity by providing a safe environment in which to work. These shelters feature specially designed fabrics that are both lightweight and tough, providing excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The unique materials are also fire retardant and resistant to hydraulic fluid and fuels, ensuring that they remain functional for many years. The Iris Door Infill is supplied in a storage box. In the unlikely event that the shelter becomes damaged while in use, an on-site repair kit is supplied as part of the package.
|Dimensions inflated (example only)||4.6 m x 4.5 m x 0.22 m|
Can be used from -30° to +70°C (-22°F to +158°F)
|Inflation device||Electric blower|
|Power supply||110 V 60 Hz or 220 V 50 Hz models available|
Tailormade for existing hangars for use on all customer defined aircraft types.
- 1 x plastic box
- On-site repair kit
- Installation instructions
- Electrical blower (110 V or 220 V)
- Maximises hangar space
- Controls the temperature within the hangar
- No changes to the existing door frame required
- Installation crew: 2-3 persons
- Inflation time: 2 minutes
- Folding and re-packing time: 5 minutes
- Strong but lightweight for easy handling
- Extremely high strength-to-weight ratio
- Fire retardant and resistant to fuels, oils and hydraulic fluids
- Unique patented design
- Can withstand windspeeds of up to 20 knots
- Flexible and fully reversible solution
- Tailormade for use on existing hangar doors
- Easily installation process
- No previous training required
- Can be permanently inflated & fixed into position for use when required